smartFORM Language Translations allows users to translate student forms into the student's home language. This allows teachers to easily send forms home to a student's family in a language that is easy to read and understand. Students must have a Home Language other than English.
Before You Begin
This lesson begins assuming Home Languages have already been configured in System Configurations. If Home Languages are not configured, language translations will not be an available option when downloading forms. To add language translations, please take a look at Configuring Home Languages.
Translating a smartFORM
- Select smartFORMS from the left side menu.
- Select the Students Forms tab.
- Use the checkbox to select the student(s). Multiple student forms may be downloaded, at one time, even if they have several different home languages.
- Select Download Zip File.
- Select Home language. Each form will download in the Home Language a student has tied to their account.
- Select Download. Documents within the ZIP file will download in PDF form.
SmartFORMS can also be translated when downloading a smartFORM from the Student Profile.
- Once the smartFORM download file has finished generating, a confirmation message appears at the bottom right of the screen. Download to the device by selecting the download icon.