Users have the option to create and share Dynamic Dashboards. Dynamic Dashboard gives users a quick view of how dashboard visualizations appear to users it has been shared with, based on the selected user's student access. This allows users to avoid the need to duplicate a dashboard and then apply different global filters based on the users they are attempting to share the dashboard with. This lesson guides users through creating a Dynamic Dashboard.
Required Permission: Access District Achievement Dashboard
Where to Start
- Go to Achievement Dashboard.
- Select New Dashboard.
Create a Dynamic Dashboard
- Choose a School Year for the Dynamic Dashboard. This defines which academic year of data the visualizations will display.
- Enter a Dynamic Dashboard Name. Consider using a naming convention to easily identify what is within.
- Select Dynamic Dashboard.
- Select the Dynamic Dashboard scope. Visualizations in the Dynamic Dashboard will use data for each user's view depending on the students related to them at the level defined by the scope selected.
- Enter a Description to the Dynamic Dashboard to further convey the details of the visualizations.
- Select Save to create the Dynamic Dashboard.
Interact with the Dashboard
- Select New Visualization to add data to the Dynamic Dashboard.
- Select the User Icon to share the Dynamic Dashboard with others and provide them the option to Edit, Share, Duplicate, or Delete. Sharing a Dynamic Dashboard also creates a "View As" option for that user. Take a look at, Share the Dynamic Dashboard with a User, to learn more.
- Select the three-dot menu to edit the details, duplicate, or delete the Dynamic Dashboard.
- Select the back arrow to return to all dashboards.
Ready to add visualizations? Visit the Creating Visualizations manual to get started.