This lesson guides users though the different features and functions of Academic Charts and how to interact with them.
Where to Start
- Generate a search from the District, Grade, or Class tab.
- The top of each chart displays the name of the assessment given.
- If a Performance Level has been applied, it displays in the drop down menu. Use this menu to update as needed.
- The left hand y-axis displays the number of students assessed. The number of students is represented with the bar chart for a particular score range.
- The right hand y-axis displays the scores achieved related to the line graph. The line graph is an average score of the selected students.
- The x-axis displays the grade assessed and assessment period.
Interact with Charts
- All charts are interactive. Use the Legend to toggle specific data points on and off on the chart.
- Select the three dot menu to access the following features:
- View Performance Levels - updates the bar chart to break down students based on the associated performance level
- Change Chart Type - changes the bar graph from stacked bars to individual bars
- Display Numbers on Chart - displays the number of students on each bar to view without hovering over the bar
- Change to % of Students - changes the y-axis to the percent of students instead of number of students in a score range
- Hide Legend - hides the display of the legend at the bottom of the chart
- Print Chart - print the selected chart
- Export as CSV - generate a CSV file containing the selected chart
- Sort - change the sorting on the chart based on School Year, Grade, or Window
- Select a bar on the chart to drill in.
- Use the left hand navigation to toggle and view Students, Subskills, Effectiveness, Longitudinal data, and Score Details.
- Use the tabs along the top to toggle to different groups of students that are available based on the chart results.
- Change the band of students being viewed.
- Select a student to view additional details associated with their score.
To learn more about charts, visit the Charts chapter.