This lesson guides users through navigating the Permission Groups feature and how to create a new Permission Group. These groups are utilized to provide a specific set of user permissions needed to navigate the system.
Where to Start
- Go to System Configuration.
- Select Users & Security.
- Select Permission Groups. The number indicates the number of existing Permission Groups.
Manage Permission Groups
- Any existing Permission Groups appear in a table. The first column displays the Name and description given to a group.
- The Permissions column indicates the number of permissions assigned to the group.
- The Users column indicates the number of users assigned to the group.
- Toggle New User Default on to add any new user to the group and assigned group permissions.
- The Created column provides a date and timestamp of when the group was created.
- Use the three-dot menu to edit or delete a group.
- Select Add Group to create a new Permission Group.
Create a Permission Group
After selecting Add Group:
- Enter a Name for the group.
- Optionally, add a Description to provide context to what types of users or permissions will be applied to the group.
- Select Create to add the new group.
The group appears at the top of the list. Double click into the Permission or Users cell to add.
- Use the dropdown menu to select a Permission or User.
- After selecting an item, select Add.
- Remove a Permission or User by selecting the remove icon.
To learn more, visit the Users & Security manual.