Student information is imported via SIS file. However, organizations can create dummy students for practice and test data entry. This lesson guides users through creating a student.
Create a Student
- Go to System Configuration.
- Go to Students & Guardians and select Students.
- Select Add to create a new student.
Existing students appear in a table format with basic demographic information, school, and grade level.
- Enter the student's First Name.
- Enter the student's Last Name.
- Select a Gender.
- Select Create.
- A module opens to enter other details for the new student. Enter any additional details as needed. A student must have a School and Grade level assigned to the current school year in order to appear in the platform.
- Select Update to save any changes.
Test Student data is not ignored by default. To ensure data integrity, remove any test data prior to analyzing data with live students.
To learn more, visit System Configurations.