Item Bank (Legacy and New) and Flexible Assessments given in DnA, can be sent to eduCLIMBER in an Assessment View. This allows users to view DnA assessments alongside other assessments as well as attendance, incident, and intervention data in eduCLIMBER. This lesson guides users through using the Link an Assessment View from DnA to eduCLIMBER and possible warnings users may get when doing so.
Required Permission: Link Assessment Views to eduCLIMBER
Assessments and Skills Assessments cannot be added to Assessment Views at this time. However, it is possible to move these scores into a Flexible Assessment or import them directly in eduCLIMBER via a Generic Importer.
Before You Begin
Consider the following:
- What should users see in eduCLIMBER? How are they going to know what to look for?
- Every DnA Assessment View created and linked to eC will show up in the Assessment Suite dropdown.
Creating a separate tile in DnA for the Assessment View for eduCLIMBER in the Test Admin account.
Naming Conventions for DnA vs eduCLIMBER
DnA eduCLIMBER Typical Naming Conventions
- 2021-2022 ELA Benchmark Grade 3 Trimester 1
- 2021-2022 Math Unit Test Grade 3 Trimester 1
- Used in Custom Reports
- Different naming conventions help with Tile Layouts
- Assessments are not organized for you by the system
- Data is visualized by filters for grades, school year and subject
- eC will organize your assessments based on TAGS
- District Benchmark
- Common Formative Assessment
- "District Name" Local Assessment
All assessments within a DnA Assessment View, should have:
- The same Performance Bands - These can be configured in eC.
- Subject Tags - These can be configured in eC.
Assessment View titles do not need to include:
- Content area
- Grade level
- Roster year
- Teacher name
- Window name
Please review the Create and Manage an Assessment View article prior to linking the Assessment View to eduCLIMBER.
Where to Start
- Go to Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Select the desired Assessment View from the list.
Assessments in eduCLIMBER
- Go to System Configuration.
- Select Assessments.
- Select the Assessment Group in the list. The Assessment Group name matches the name of the Assessment View within DnA.
- The Assessments within the group are automatically created. The names of each assessment match the titles within DnA.
Windows are automatically linked based on the selections in DnA.
Select Windows to update the Window names.
Use the “Alias” column to rename the window as a more descriptive name for data visualization. (Q1, BOY, Fall, etc)
Do not remove the Test numbers from DnA in the Window Name to remind you what Test number was used in DnA.
- Performance Bands are not automatically linked within eduCLIMBER. Select Add Bands to add Performance Bands as needed.
While the Assessment Group, Assessments, and Windows are automatically created within eduCLIMBER after selecting Link to eduCLIMBER, the data from the assessments in DnA does not immediately come into eduCLIMBER. It is brought in following the nightly Uploads.
Manage Synced Assessment Views
If you need to stop syncing the assessment view to eduCLIMBER, you can Suspend the sync. This can be used when the view is old or out of date, or contains assessments and data not desired to view in eduCLIMBER.
You can also Resume, or sync the view and added assessments again.
Now that DnA Assessment Views have been linked to eduCLIMBER, take a look at Managing DnA Assessment View Data in eduCLIMBER