Students may be accidentally added twice to the platform due to an incorrect or misspelled name. This lesson guides users through resolving this issue by editing the duplicate student's account and then merging it into the correct student account.
Edit Student Account
- Go to System Configurations.
- Go to Students & Guardians and select Students.
- Select the student with the incorrect name to edit their account by selecting the data card icon next to their name.
- Enter into either the First Name or Last Name text boxes to update the student's name so that it becomes an exact match for the account it should be merged into.
- Select Update when finished.
- Select Merge Students.
- Use the left or right arrow to merge the accounts.
It is recommended to merge into the account that contains the most student information.