School names and details can be configured in the Manage Schools section of eduCLIMBER. This lesson goes through the configurations and functions of Manage Schools.
Where to Start
- Go to System Configuration.
- Select District & Schools.
- Choose Manage Schools.
Manage Schools Navigation
- A list of schools associated with the organization appears in alphabetical order. The school name can be edited by double-clicking on the entry in the Name column.
- Organizations that enter Incidents directly into eduCLIMBER can specify an email in the Office Email field for each school. Users with this email address will be notified any time a specific incident type has been entered.
- Excluded means that the school and all associated data with that school be ignored, such as a parochial school on a public school assessment import. The data associated with the school record will not be imported into eduCLIMBER. Ignore on Import means the building that the student is will not be imported, but still import all assessment data. The assessment data will be tied to the student. For the previous example mentioned in Excluded, the student tied to a parochial school will be created in the platform, and data will be available for that student should they switch to the district.
- The Ed-Fi Number supports Incident Reporting for the State of Wisconsin schools. Visit for more information.
- Alternative names for the identified school that were aliased during upload validations. To create one or more aliases for this school, hover over the Aliases column and select the icon. Enter an alias name and then add. Continue to add as many names as necessary and then select X to close the window.
If a school has a name change, many districts prefer to Merge the old school names into the new school name that was either created with the Roster import or within Manage Schools.
- Choose the School to be merged by selected the checkbox next to the name.
- Select Merge School from the menu that appears after checking a school.
- Use the dropdown menu to select a school to Merge to. Select Merge after choosing.
Feeder schools are used to allow users to view incoming students prior to the students having an actual enrollment record within the future school. This feature is useful for sites that will be testing and evaluating students academic levels prior to the start of the new academic year, for creating class lists, or other work that requires knowledge of incoming student's data.
Select the box in the Feeder School column for the school row that needs a feeder school(s) added or verified.