Using the Updated Interface? Click here to view your help document
This lesson will guide you through adding an incident using the Lightning Bolt and App in your eduCLIMBER system.
Note: This feature works in the same manner as our app. To enter an incident from your mobile device, go to www.educlimber.com in your browser and sign in. This same window will appear.
See the lesson Creating Incidents to learn how to click the lightning bolt icon before viewing this lesson.
1. After clicking the lightning bolt from the Create button, a pop-up window will appear on your dashboard. The first window will bring you to an area of all schools you have access to. Click the school this incident took place.
1. Click the back arrows to go back to any page throughout this process.
2. After clicking the school, a list of grades will appear. Click the grade level of the student (if multiple students were involved from multiple grade levels, click one grade level of one student).
A list of all students in that grade level will appear next. Scroll to find the student(s) in this grade level. Click a name to select that student (student’s name will be highlighted in blue).
1. Click the magnifying glass to assign more students by name outside of the selected grade level (click Add to add the students to the incident).
2. The number of students assigned to this incident will appear in parenthesis in this button. Press this button to move forward.
Click on the location this incident took place.
By default, the current date and time (to the closest 5 minutes) will be selected.
1. Navigate the calendar to select a different date.
2. Click the down arrow in the time field box to select a different time.
3. Click Continue to move forward.
Select the Incident Type to assign to this incident.
Select the behavior to assign to this incident.
Select the motivation to assign to this incident.
Select the response to assign to this incident.
- If all names on the incident are highlighted in orange, you can type a description that applies to all students. To type descriptions for individual students, highlight the individual student (will be highlighted in orange) and type the description.
- This complete box is determined by your district’s default.
- Once a description is typed, click Apply to apply that description to the selected student(s).
- Checkmarks will appear next to students who have a description applied to them.
- Once all descriptions have been applied to all students, click Review to review all details for this incident.
- Click the down arrow in the Notify Assigned Staff field box to notify staff members who have students assigned in a course.
- Click Submit & Edit to save this incident and edit any part you may need to edit.
- After reading through the details of the incident, click Submit Incident to save the information.
To learn more about using Incidents in your eduCLIMBER system, see the lessons in the Incidents manual.