Using the Updated Interface? Click here to view your help document
Required Permission: Manage Target Sets
Where to Start
Target Sets are managed by Districts and can be set up in your eduCLIMBER account. Target sets may also be called:
- Performance Bands
- Performance Levels
- Cut Points
Target Sets are a quick way to indicate what range a score fell in by applying a color to the score. They help to quickly identify trends and give actionable meaning to numeric data.
- A standard score of 85 is Below Average and we want to see it displayed as Yellow
- An accuracy rate of 88 is considered Inaccurate and should display as Red
If a Target set is configured, charts will display in color. Otherwise, they default to a grey display. Below is a chart that was configured with a Target Set:
Here is a chart without a Target Set:
Multiple Target Sets can be created to answer various questions such as:
- Screening/Risk - What % of our students are at risk of skill failure?
- Proficiency - What % of our students are at proficiency (or some level)?
- College-Readiness - What % of our students have scores of college-readiness?
- Growth - What % of our students are growing at typical rates?
- Accuracy - What % of our students were accurate?
- Standard Error - What % of our students were accurate?
The answers to these questions help inform various instructional activities.
To learn more about Target Sets in your eduCLIMBER system, see the lessons in the Target Sets manual.