Using the Updated Interface? Click here to view your help document
This lesson contains information useful for preparing to create target sets (performance bands) in your eduCLIMBER system.
Where to Start
"Manage Target Sets" - this permission can be given to any user/group in the district who should be responsible for adding, updating/editing, or deleting a target set. These changes are district-wide, so we recommend caution when giving this permission.
This is the permission that gives access to change how your assessment data is visualized based on colors and ranges.
Target sets update your charts to show meaningful data by color, and can also be seen on student pages.
Score Types Used:
- Primary Score
- The main score received on a test
- Score Details
- Percentiles, Growth Percentiles, Accuracy, etc.
- The primary score will still appear, but the will display with the color (the RIT score will display but cell is blue because 92%ile). An example of this is seen in the screenshot of a (fake) student page, above.
Additional Useful Information:
Before building target sets, make sure you have documentation & clarity on if/how the target sets differ based on:
- Season (Fall, Winter, Spring)
- Content (Math, Reading, Science)
- Grade (5th vs 12th grades)
Target set guidance may come from the vendor or be in a table similar to the one below:
Data for Target Sets:
Make sure you have already uploaded complete and accurate data for the assessment you would like to add a target set to (assessments, windows, year/terms, and grades are accurate).
Overview of Steps:
- Name the Target Set.
- Select the Test, Score Type, Focus Tests, Test Windows, Grades.
- Define the Descriptor Name and Colors for each Target.
- Define the Score Ranges for each Target.
To learn more about Target Sets in your eduCLIMBER system, see the lessons in the Target Sets manual.