Still using our Classic Interface? Click here to view your help document.
This lesson will guide you through customizing incident templates in your eduCLIMBER system.
Required Permission: Manage PBIS Setup
Where to Start
- Select System Configuration.
- Select Incidents
- A general set up section and a menu showing options to customize the incident template will appear. Click on each title to adjust settings.
Above the menu is the general set up area.
- Set the motivation "Display Name" name as it appears on the incident template.
- Set the Types per Incident Limit, which represents the max number of behaviors that can be created/entered on each incident.
- Set the Incident Response Limit, which represent the max number of responses that can be created/entered on each incident.
Click once on Types to identify the incident types needed.
- Click Add to create a new incident type and type the new incident name in the field box that pops up.
- Click Edit to rename or delete any existing incident types. Use the check boxes that populate to the left to select the incident type to edit.
To manage an incident's specifics, click on the name of the incident. The settings page opens for that incident which includes General, Custom Fields, and Section Properties.
- If this setting is on, all descriptions for this incident type will be hidden to staff members - individuals with a permission to view restricted incident descriptions will be able to see the descriptions.
- If this setting is on, incidents will be open by default (they will be sent to an Open Incidents section on administrators dashboards).
- If this setting is on, incidents will appear on your weekly view dashboard automatically and will show by default under Visualization > Incidents (located on your home dashboard).
- If this setting is on, this incident type's data will appear on the achievement Dashboard.
- If this setting is on, an automatic email notification will send to a specific individual(s) containing all details of the incident when it is saved.
- Choose any Schools that should have the option to use/see this incident type. If no schools are specified, all schools in the district have access.
- Choose any Groups that should have the option to use/see this incident type. If no groups are specified, all groups in the district have access.
When an incident type is restricted to one or more user groups (or schools), only users in the group(s) added will see the incident data throughout the system. Above is an example of a "Health Office Visit" incident type being restricted and what the system looks like when users have access to see the incident data and what the system looks like when users do not have access to see the incident data.
|When users have access||When users do not have access|
|District, Grade, Class search|
Click Create Field to create a new custom field for the specific incident.
- Type the label of the custom field here.
- Click the down arrow to choose the field type.
- A preview of what the field will look like when creating an incident will appear to the right.
- Click Save.
- Once the custom field is added, you will see the field(name) and field Type.
- The Options column indicates the number of options available for the custom field.
- List Fields are the only custom field that generates multiple options. The specific options can be entered by clicking the number value.
- Turn this setting on if you want the custom field to appear in incident charts.
- Turn this setting on if you want the custom field to be included in exports of incident data
- Turn this setting on if you want the custom field to be active and available when creating the incident type you are editing.
- Turn this setting on if you want users to be required to fill out the field before saving/closing an incident.
- The 3 dot menu allows you to delete or create an alias for the custom field.
To learn more about using Incidents in your eduCLIMBER system, see the lessons in the Incidents manual.