Still using our Classic Interface? Click here to view your help document
In this lesson, you will learn to create an Academic Intervention and add students to it from the Dashboard.
Where to Start
- Click the + icon on the dashboard.
- Click Create Intervention.
- Checkbox student(s) that should be added it an intervention.
- A blue bar will appear; click Create Intervention.
Create an Intervention
- Work through the Create Intervention steps. Each grayed-out step will become available once the above step is complete.
- Select the Year to select students from.
- Select the School to select the student(s) from.
- Click the drop-down to scroll through a list of students to choose from or start typing a student's name.
- All selected students will be listed here.
- Once all students have been selected, click Add.
Add students to the same intervention group if they will use the same progress monitor at the same time. For students accessing an individual intervention, create separate interventions for each student.
Interventions will automatically appear in the Interventions tab of a meeting.
- By default, the logged-in account will be set as the interventionist, but this can be changed by clicking the drop-down.
- Select the intervention Level.
- Select the Skill Area.
- Select the Strategy.
- Enter a Name for the intervention. One will be auto-suggested, but it can be changed by typing into the text box.
- Click Add once finished.
- Set the Start and End date of the overall intervention.
- Select the Schedule Type:
- Weekly - Monitoring will occur weekly on the Days of the Week selected
- Block - Intervention will occur during the number of Day Ons
- As Needed - Monitoring will occur when needed, up to the Total Number of Sessions entered
- Set the Day(s) of the Week/Days On and Off/Total Number of Sessions the intervention will take place. Select the start and end time of the intervention.
- Click Add once complete.
- Measure 1 will be available by default.
- Add additional measures by clicking New Measure.
- By default, the Interventionist will be set as the Monitoring User, but this can be changed by clicking the drop-down.
- Select the probe or Monitoring Type. These are progress monitoring probes configured within Assessments.
- Determine if this measure will be the Primary measure. This is the measure that will be used in ROI reporting.
- Select the Start and End Date that the measure will be monitored.
- Select the Start and End Time of when the measure will be monitored.
Start and End Dates should match the anticipated start and end dates progress monitoring occurs, as this affects ROI reports. These dates and times will also be added to the monitoring user's eduCLIMBER calendar.
- Set the number of weeks that will occur between each monitoring session.
- Set the day(s) of the week the measure will be monitored.
- For organizations using FastBridge for progress monitoring, the goal is on the file that is sent in the nightly sync. Therefore, the goal can be left blank in eduCLIMBER. In this manner, the goal will auto-populate with the sync of the data file.
- Review the intervention schedule and if all looks good, click Add.
The interventionist and Monitoring User will be emailed a summary of progress based on the schedule configured. Base the frequency of the review schedule on the frequency at which the users would like to know of progress as well as how often measurable progress is anticipated.
When a meeting is selected, all students within the intervention will automatically be added to the identified meeting.
- When finished with the intervention, click Save; once the intervention has been created, a "Success" screen will appear.