Manually upload Student Tags to add tags en masse to students. Tags groups students as cohorts to view data for.
Required Permission: Upload Data into eduCLIMBER
Where to Start
- Create a spreadsheet using the following column headers:
- Student ID
- Student First Name
- Student Last Name
- School Year
- Tag Name
- Tag Flag
The Tag Flag column is optional. If a tag file (including the one from the SIS) contains a "Tag Flag" column, then students can be added and removed from a tag via an imported file. The absence of a student on the file does not remove the student from the tag. Rather, an indicator of "no" on the Tag Flag column removes the student from the tag.
- Add a tag = Yes, Y, or 1.
- Remove a tag = No, N, or 0.
- Save the file as a CSV or .XLSX.
This is the default format for Tag uploads. Headers should match the ones listed above verbatim. Otherwise, an import error will occur.
Districts have the ability to request an update to the format of the importer. If your file does not upload with the above-identified column headers, please reach out to support to have them review the column headers needed for your organization to ensure a successful upload.
- Go to Uploads.
- Select Upload.
- Attach the file.
- Select the Upload Type as Tag Import.
- Enter a Description of the upload.
- Select Upload.
Automation of the File
If organizations would like to have the file automated, they need to ensure the following:
- The SFTP Connection Information (learn where to access this information in eduCLIMBER)
- Server: sftp.educlimber.com
- Port: 4545
- Save Location: ./tags
- A means of scheduling the transfer of the file
- Each Student Information System (SIS) may provide a unique way of doing this.
- There are some SISs that do not offer a way to transfer files directly from their interface.
After the File Processes
Once the file is processed, users with permission to Upload Data into eduCLIMBER can access Uploads to see the status of the file.
- Select Uploads.
- Select View All Uploaded Files.
- Choose to filter the data displayed by typing keywords used for the file
- Check the status of the file.
- If the status of the file is Validation, double-select the row to validate the file.
Learn how to Access SFTP Information right within eduCLIMBER.