Add a Custom Demographic within eduCLIMBER without the need for a file to be uploaded.
Required Permission: Manage Custom Demographics
Where to Start
When a demographic is uploaded to eduCLIMBER and marked as Restricted and/or when a demographic is manually added to eduCLIMBER and marked as Restricted, users will need to identify Permitted Users who have access to view and/or search the demographic.
1. Once the demographic is created, select the Permitted Users cell to add permitted users to the demographic.
2. Users can be added to the demographic by individual user or User Group.
- To Add Individual Users as Permitted Users select the Users tab and select Add User.
Select the School Year and identify if the user will be searched By Name, By School, or By Tag.
Then, use the search field at the top to search, and select the user by selecting the checkbox next to the user to add as a Permitted User to the demographic.
To add User Groups as Permitted Users:
- Select the User Groups tab and select the Add Group field. Then, select the group to add. (Note that User Groups can be configured within Security & Permissions.)
3. Once Users and/or User Groups are added, they can be provided access to view the demographic within eduCLIMER as well provided access to search for the demographic.
- Toggle on Can View and/or Can Search to provide users with options in interacting with the demographic.
- Can View - Users and/or User Groups with Can View access are able to see the demographic for specific students. The demographic will display on datawalls (if enabled on the demographic configuration) and on the Student Profile (if enabled on the demographic configuration). In most cases, users with "Can View" access should also have "Can Search" access.
- Can Search - Users and/or User Groups with Can Search access are able to use the demographic within a search filter, but they will not be able to see the specific students/names with the specific demographic.
To learn more about how to add students to a created demographic, visit the Managing Students Within a Custom Demographic article.
To learn more about how to manage/edit/modify a created demographic, visit the Manually Manage/Edit/Modify a Custom Demographic article.