Users have the ability to add Custom Demographics. These demographics are in addition to the ones that are imported via an SIS file. This articles guides users through adding Custom Demographics.
Required Permission: Manage Demographic Codes
Where to Start
- Go to System Configuration.
- Select Students.
- Select Demographics.
- Select Add Demographic
- Enter into the text box to add the Demographic name.
- Use the dropdown to select the Field Type.
- If Options is identified as the Value Type, users can select within the Options column on the main Demographics screen to add the options that can be selected. Take a look at Add Options to Demographics to learn more.
- Use the checkbox to check All School Years - When toggled on, user can leave the year blank when the demographic is applied to students, and then it will apply to all years. When toggled on, it will not accept a year when the demographic is added to a student.
- Use the checkbox to check Restricted
- If toggled off, all users will be able to see the Demographic as applicable within the configuration.
- If toggled on, select within the Permitted Users column on the main Demographics screen to identify specific users or user groups that can view and search the Demographic.
- Select Create.
- Use the sliders to toggle:
- Show on Student Profile - If toggled On, the demographic will be displayed on the Student Profile.
- Show on Data Wall - If toggled On, users will have the option to add the demographic to a data wall.
- Show on smartFORMS - If toggled On, the demographic will be displayed on smartFORMS when the corresponding field, Demographic smartFIELD, is added to a smartFORM template.
- Use as Chart Filter - If toggled On, the demographic can be used to filter data visuals.
Now that a Custom Demographic has been added, take a look at Add Permitted Users.