smartFORM Templates are district created smartFORMS with preset configurations to make data collection simple and easy.
Required Permission: Create Form Templates
Where to Start
- Go to smartFORMS to get started.
- Select Form Templates to see a list of all available templates.
- Double click on a template title to edit the existing template.
- To create a new template, select New.
- Then select Template to get started.
Create a Template
- Enter the Name of the new smartFORM.
- Enter a description of what the form should be used for.
- Select Create.
- Select Add Section to start creating the form. Sections contain fields and determine how the fields are organized.
- Enter a name for the Section.
- Select Add Field in the heading to add a field to that section.
- Use the search bar to find a Field or scroll through the list of available fields. Add sections and fields as needed to create a smartFORM.
A Student Field must be added to the smartFORM in order for the form to apply to a student. To learn more details about available field types, visit smartFORM Field Type Descriptions.
- Go to the 3 dot menu.
- Select Edit Subscribers to add or edit subscribers to a template. Adding subscribers to a form template allows users to be notified of updates on the form.
- Any Subscribers added to the template display in a table.
- To add a new user as a subscriber, search and select a name from the dropdown menu.
- Select Add to add the user as a subscriber.
- Select the trash can icon to remove a user from being a subscriber.
Preview the smartFORM
Select Preview Mode at the top of the form to view. The form display as it will for users when they go to enter data for students.
To learn more, visit Adding a Dependency Within a smartFORM.