Organizations can upload or manually add Guardians for students. This information can then be added to smartFORMS automatically. This lesson guides users through manually adding and managing Guardians within eduCLIMBER.
Required Permissions: Manage Guardian Data
Where to Start
- Go to System Configuration.
- Select Students & Guardians.
- Select Guardians. A table with any existing Guardians displays.
- The Name of the Guardian and other details such as Email and Address appear within the table.
- Any Students linked to the Guardian are denoted by the number within the table. Select the Student cell to view the student name and ID number. Students can be removed from the Guardian from there as well.
- Select the three-dot menu to Delete or Edit all available Guardian fields. The fields include:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Street Address
- Work Phone
- Select the Gear icon to update which Guardian fields display on the table.
Only data that is uploaded can display on smartFORMS. Fill in a many fields as possible to have that data accessible within smartFOMRS.
Create a Guardian
- Select New.
- Select New Guardian to fill out information for a student Guardian.
- Select New Guardian from User to select a staff member to designate as a Guardian.
- Enter the Guardian's First Name, Last Name, and Email. These are all required fields.
- Select Save & Close to add the Guardian without a student.
- Select Next to link the Guardian to a student.
- Use the dropdown menu to search for Students. Select the Student Name from the list.
- Select Add to include the student to the table. Repeat these steps as needed.
- Select Done to add the Guardian.
To learn more about Guardians in eduCLIMBER, visit Upload Student Guardians.