User Tags are added to identify specific user groups. Once a user is added as a member of a user tag, dashboards can be shared with users associated with a tag to quickly disperse information to targeted users. This lesson guides admin users through creating User Tags.
Where to Start
- Go to System Configuration.
- Go to Users & Security.
- Select User Tags. The number displays the number of Users within the platform assigned to a tag for the current roster year.
- Existing User Tags display in a table. The first column displays the Name and description (if entered) for the Tag.
- The Users column displays the number of users in the group. Select the cell to add or remove users.
- The select Color for the Tag displays.
- User the three-dot icon to Edit or Delete the selected Tag.
Create a New User Tag
- Select Add Tag.
- Enter a Name for the Tag. This step is required.
- Enter a Description for the Tag. This may be helpful for other users to have a deeper understanding of what the Tag should be used for. This is recommended but not required.
- Select a Color for the Tag.
- Select Create.
To add users to the Tag, select the Users cell on the table.
- Select a name from the dropdown menu.
- Select Add to add the chosen user to the Tag.
- To remove a user from the Tag, select the trash can icon.
To learn more about Tags, visit the Tags manual.