Assessment visualizations are used to communicate how students have performed on any uploaded assessment. This lesson guides users through creating an assessment visualization.
Where to Start
- Select New Visualization.
- Choose Assessment.
This lesson begins assuming you have already created a dashboard. If you have not, visit Create a New Dashboard for more information.
- Enter a Name for the visualization.
- Select an Assessment Type. This is the same as an Assessment Group.
- Select a Focus Assessment. This is the individual assessment that the data will represent on the visualization.
- Select a Target Set / Performance Band. This dictates the available bands to be used on the visualization.
- Select the Target Set / Performance Band Type. This has you select if you'd like to use the Benchmark Performance Bands or the Detailed Performance Bands.
- Select a Comparison Point.
- Current year, previous window - allows you to compare scores on the same assessment within the same year, for example comparing the Fall to Winter administration
- Last year, same window - allows you to compare cohorts of students in performance on the same assessment at the same time of year, for example comparing Fall of last year to Fall of this year
- Custom - allows you to select a Year and Window of comparison points
- Select how the data will Report As
- By default, data is reported as a number
- If Percentage is selected, data will display as a percent only if the Visualization type is set to Numerical.
- Select a Grouping. Depending on your level of access, options include district, school, school group, grade, ethnicity, and gender.
- Select a Visualization Type. This determines how the data is display. Options include a bar chart, column chart, numeric display, line chart, and table.
- Select the arrow icon to expand possible Student Filter options. This requires students to meet the selected filters to appear within the visualization.
- Example: If eduCLIMBER Elementary is selected then only student's who attended eduCLIMBER Elementary for the roster year selected will appear in the visualization.
- Enter a Short Description as need to provided more details on the data.
- Select the arrow icon to expand possible Display Settings such as an axis minimum and maximum.
- Select Done to create the visualization.
Visualizations are automatically added to the bottom of the dashboard.
Learn more about creating visualizations by visiting Create an Attendance Visualization.