Organizations often need information on various integration points between DnA and eduCLIMBER. This FAQ can help answer many of those questions.
- DnA demographics within the DnA roster file. The list of the specific demographics from this file is found here.
- Files uploaded into DnA’s Assessment Data Imports (e.g., State assessments, ACT, PSAT, SAT and AP Test). The format will need to be .csv or .txt. Submit a support ticket requesting this automation from DnA into eduCLIMBER.
- DnA assessments (Itembank and Flex only) - These assessments will automate after the Assessment View is manually created by the district. Backend configuration will need to be completed by Renaissance support before Assessment Views can be sent to eduCLIMBER.
- Historical data sets located in DnA (e.g., iReady, MAP, STAR, FastBridge, AIMSweb plus, Istation) will be uploaded during the onboarding of eduCLIMBER.
- Requests for automation of data sets (e.g., iReady, MAP, STAR, FastBridge, AIMSweb plus, Istation) located in DnA will not need to be requested again by the district for direct automation into eduCLIMBER
At this time, the following data sets cannot be automated into eduCLIMBER from DnA:
- Report cards or final grades from report cards created in DnA
- Attendance (should be automated from the SIS directly into eduCLIMBER)
- Behavior/Incident (should be automated from the SIS directly into eduCLIMBER)
- Gradebooks (should be automated from the SIS directly into eduCLIMBER)
- Automated data sets of current data (e.g., iReady, MAP, STAR, FastBridge, AIMSweb plus, Istation)
- Student/Guardian Contact information
Yes. There are student groups that can come in as tags. However, this is all or nothing and may cause issues visualizing within eduCLIMBER Districts are not able to pick and choose the student groups that get added. Learn how to Link Student Groups to eduCLIMBER Student Tags.
Rosters can be automated to send from DnA to eduCLIMBER nightly. Look at each user:
- If the user has site/role affiliations for the academic year in DnA and the role they have has the “Can Teach” permission set to “Yes,” then those users come into eduCLIMBER on the extract with the school.
- Users who come over with a roster are granted schools/grade levels on the roster.
- Users who do not have students rostered to them in DnA come over to eduCLIMBER if at least one of the roles in DnA has the “Can Teach” permission set to “Yes.”For students in K, PK or TK, they will need to be rostered to a course to automate into eduCLIMBER.
Permission Groups are not set from DnA. This is due to the fact that permissioning varies between DnA and eduCLIMBER. System administrators can mass assign permission groups via manual upload by utilizing the Users Upload.
- The eduCLIMBER option within the app picker before fully logging into DnA.
- The eC button at the top right of the screen after logging into DnA.