Action Items are specific tasks that need to be completed by a user on a smartFORM. User Tags are a way to assign those tasks. This lesson guides users through setting up Action Items based on User Tags.
Before you Begin
This lesson begins assuming that User Tags have already been created and a smartFORM has already been added to a student's account. To learn more about User Tags, visit Create and Manage User Tags. To learn more about adding a smartFORM to a student's account, visit Creating and Accessing smartFORMS.
Where to Start
- Select any field on a smartFORM .
- Select the + Add Action Item button.
- Enter a name for the Acton Item.
- Enter a name into the Manage Assignees text box to add a user
- Use the dropdown to select the School Year.
- Select an option to search by:
- Name - Search individual users.
- School - Search users and assign by School.
- Tag - Search users by User Tag.
- User Group - Search user by user Group.
- Depending on the option selected in step two, a text box or drop down menu will be generated:
- Name - Enter a user name into the text box.
- School - Use the drop down menu to select a School.
- Tag - Use the drop down menu to select a User Tag.
- User Group - Use the drop down menu to select a user Group.
- Use the checkboxes to select a user(s).
- Select Save.
- Use the X to remove any selected user(s) under the Manage Assignees area once selected. (Optional)
- Select Save.
- Use the Calendar Icon to select a Due Date (Optional).
- Use the dropdown menu to select a Due Time (Optional)
- Use the dropdown menu to select a Status. By default, To Do is selected.
- Enter a Description into the text box. (Optional)
- Select Save to create the Action Item.
Now that you've learned how to add an Action Item to a smartFORM based on User tags, take a look at Viewing Action Items.