SmartFORM template owners may want to restrict the accessibility of smartFORM instances. Adding advanced smartFORM permissions allows template owners to restrict who can view, create, edit, or delete smartFORM instances for individual templates.
Required Permissions: Create forms templates and Manage all form templates
Where to Start
- Go to smartFORMS.
- Go to the Form Templates tab.
- Open District Templates.
- Select the box under Form Restrictions for the template from the available list.
If any Default Advanced SmartFORM Permissions have been created, they will automatically apply. Any users, user groups, and permissions can be added or removed.
Add Restrictions for Individual Users
- By default, the owner of the article will have all permissions toggled on.
- Select Add User to give access to other users.
Any user who is not added as a restricted user will not be able to access any smartFORM instance attached to the template.
- Select a School Year.
- Filter users by Name, School, or Tag.
- Enter into the Search Bar to further filter the user list.
- Use the checkbox to select user(s).
- Choose Select to save.
- Toggle on individual permissions for the added User(s).
- Use the trashcan to delete any User(s).
Add Restrictions for User Groups
- Select Add to give access to other user groups.
Site Administrators have special permissions that allow them to view, edit, create, share, and delete.
Any users not within a restricted user group will not be able to access any smartFORM instance attached to the template.
- Checkbox any user group(s).
- Select Add.
- Toggle on individual permissions for the added user group(s).
- Use the trashcan to delete any user groups(s).
After all users, user groups, and their restrictions have been added, use the toggle to enable the restrictions. This will automatically restrict the users and groups added and remove access from any user or group not given advanced permissions.