Incident Responses indicate an educator's response to a behavior event.
Require Permission: Manage PBIS setup
Where to Start
- Go to System Configuration.
- Select Incidents.
- Select Responses.
The number of current Incident Responses appears to the right of the text.
- Existing active Responses appear in the table. Check Show Inactive Responses to view disabled responses.
- Select Edit to add a checkbox column to the table and enable the ability to merge or delete Responses.
- Select Add Response to create a new Response.
Managing a Response
- Select a Response from the list.
- Enter a Description.
- Use the sliders to enable different functions:
- Administration Only - When enabled, only users with permission, "Admin Only Incident Responses", can create incidents using the specific response.
- Can Serve - When enabled, a serve start and end date will display within the incident. This is useful for responses that have a defined start/end date and time.
- Active - When enabled, the response is active within eduCLIMBER. Users can see it on an incident and can select it as a response to an incident.
- Enable KPI - Response will be included on the District Achievement Dashboard.
- Requires Responder - When enabled, a user field will display within the Response section prompting for the individual who is responsible for responding to the incident
- If applicable, enter a State Code.
- Use the dropdown to select a school(s). Identify schools that will use this specific response. If left blank, the response will be available to select at all schools.
- Use the dropdown to select a behavior type(s). Identify the incident types that will use this specific response. If left blank, the response will apply and be available to select for all incident types
While optional, custom fields can be added to any response. This can be useful when wanting to gather additional data for incidents being manually added to eduCLIMBER. If custom fields are added, they will display within the Custom Fields section of the Response page.
- Existing Custom Fields appear in the table.
- The Options column indicates the number of options available for the custom field (List field type only).
- If applicable, select a Field Definition (this is primarily used by Wisconsin districts who use eduCLIMBER to report incidents to the state). Note that many districts do not add a field definition as incident data is reported to the state via SIS.
- Use the slider to activate/deactivate the Custom Field.
- Use the slider to determine if the Custom Field is required. If turned on, the Custom Field must be filled out in order to complete/close the incident.
- Use the trashcan to delete a Custom Field. This will not remove the data from any incident already using the Custom Field.
- Select Create Field to add a new Custom Field. Field types that can be added include:
- Date Field - users will be able to add a specific date.
- Large Text Field - users will be able to enter text up to 2000 characters.
- List Field - users will be able to select an option from a defined list of options. The list is configured within the Options cell on the main incident page.
- Number Field - users will be able to add a number.
- School Field - users will be able to select a school within the district.
- Student Field - users will be able to add a student name from within the district.
- Text Field - users will be able to enter text up to 1500 characters.
- User Field - users will be able to select a user within the district.
After each element of an incident has been configured, take a look at Creating Incidents.