Instances may occur where an intervention phase needs to be altered or an intervention may need to be deleted entirely. For instance, when an intervention was created in error or as practice or a student was assigned an intervention but left the organization before the intervention began. This article will show users how to change the start/end date, apply an exit status, or delete an intervention/phase for interventions both monitored by assessment and monitored by point sheet.
Access an Active Intervention Phase
There are two ways to access an active intervention phase:
- Navigate to a student's page and select the Active tab in the Interventions Section.
- Select View My Interventions under Intervention Tools.
- Use the search filters to find the needed intervention.
Access a Historical Intervention Phase
There are two ways to access a historical intervention phase:
- Navigate to a student's page and select the Historical tab in the Interventions Section.
- Select the needed intervention phase.
- When viewing an intervention phase (active or inactive), use the Interventionist and Group drop-down menus to filter for the needed histroical intervention phase.
The interventionist of the past intervention phase must be known.
Historical interventions will appear 'grayed-out'.
Editing an Intervention Phase For Individual Students
- Select the Intervention Group Name.
- Open the Student Details tab.
- Double-select within a box to edit the start date, end date, or Exit Status.
- Use the checkboxes to delete student(s) from the intervention phase.
Important things to note:
- This deletes the phase for the selected student(s).
- Regardless of intervention type, all intervention data, including participation data, for the identified phase for the selected student(s) is deleted in full. However, Individual student comments linked to the intervention remain and can be accessed from the Student Profile or from the Comments tab within the intervention group view and smartFORMS linked to the intervention remain and can be accessed from the Student Profile or from the smartFORMS tab within the intervention group view
- Other students within the intervention group have intervention and progress monitoring data remain
- For interventions monitored by point sheet, the progress monitoring data is also deleted in full for the identified student.
- For interventions monitored by assessment, the progress monitoring data is NOT deleted. Reasons for it to remain include are linking it to a new intervention or analyzing it for progress monitoring.
Pay special attention to the group (phase) selected when deleting an intervention phase. If a student only has one phase within an intervention, deleting it will remove them from the intervention entirely. This action CANNOT be undone.
Delete an Intervention Phase for All Students
- Select the 3 dot menu.
- Select delete to remove the phase entirely - removing all data and students.
Important things to note:
- This deletes the phase for all students in the group.
- All intervention data, including participation data and comments, will also be deleted.
- Forms are not deleted and are still accessible within the Student Profile.
- No students remain in the group since all intervention data is deleted.
- For interventions monitored by point sheet, a prompt displays confirming to delete the plan. This will also delete the monitor data.
- For interventions monitored by assessment, users will need to select to either delete the intervention plans OR the intervention plans AND monitors.
It is EXTREMELY important to note that once the action to delete is confirmed, it CANNOT be undone.