Still using our Classic Interface? Click here to view your help document for reporting incidents to the state of Wisconsin.
Organizations in Wisconsin can choose to send incident data directly from eduCLIMBER for state reporting purposes. This lesson provides information on getting eduCLIMBER setup as a vendor subscription.
Before incidents can be reported to the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) WISEdata platform which utilizes the Ed-Fi interoperability framework, we first need to do some configuration and updating of the existing incidents you would like to report to the state. Your district will need to complete five main steps before being able to report incidents to the state.
- Configure Behavior State Codes
- Configure Response State Codes
- Configure Response Custom Field Definitions
- Update Existing Incidents
- Add School Codes
Additionally, someone from your district (usually the person that manages your SIS) must enter a request to add a vendor subscription of eduCLIMBER for resource access to write only on student discipline data. This step must be completed so that DPI can access the data sent from eduCLIMBER. Please see below for additional information on this step.
Vendor Subscription Information
- During vendor subscriptions, districts need to enter the request as displayed below (because in 17/18 Discipline data would have been entered in your SIS). The ‘Read Only Prior to School Year = 2019 is for 18/19.
- In your SIS tool, LEAs must make sure you have configured your Ed-Fi manual sends as mass syncs to not send Discipline to WISEdata starting in 18/19 since that will be coming via eduCLIMBER. You will still need to have your SIS system configured to send Discipline data to WISEdata via your SIS prior to the school year 18/19.
- If your SIS relies on Discipline data for business rule checks, etc. you may be required to do double data entry between the two systems (or an import using an eduCLIMBER file). If this becomes an issue, the SIS vendors would have to put a feature in to read Discipline data into the SIS for read-only (this was done for SPED when the SPED data comes from SEEDS or OASYS).