In order to ensure that progress monitoring data collected in FastBridge is easily accessible within the eduCLIMBER system, it’s important to ensure that the FastBridge progress monitoring measures are accurately configured within eduCLIMBER. While there are numerous progress monitoring measures available within the FastBridge system, by default, only the recommended progress monitoring measures will appear with the “Standardized + Progress Monitoring” assessment type in eduCLIMBER:
- earlyReading English - Letter Sounds
- earlyReading English - Nonsense Words
- CBMreading English
- earlyMath - Numeral Identification-K
- earlyMath - Decomposing-1
- CBMmath Automaticity
- CBMmath Process
- CBMmath CAP
Illuminate Education understands that each district is unique, and some districts will want to limit their staff to only use the recommended progress monitoring measures, while others will want to allow for additional options. To determine which progress monitoring measures should be available within FastBridge and configured in eduCLIMBER, district leaders are encouraged to consider these questions:
- Do you have specific recommendations on which assessments educators should use for progress monitoring?
- Are there any assessments that you don’t want educators to use for progress monitoring?
- Do you need to limit educators to a specific set of progress monitoring measures by building? By grade level? By subject area?
- For progress monitoring in the area of math, do you want educators to use the General Outcome Measures (GOM) exclusively, or can they also use the mastery measures?
After answering the above questions, district leaders will first need to ensure that their selected progress monitoring measures are enabled at each school and grade level as appropriate; this step is completed in the FastBridge system. District leaders then need to identify an individual who has the Configure Assessment Manager permission in eduCLIMBER. That individual will then need to update the assessment type for any additional progress monitoring measures selected beyond those that are recommended by FastBridge and already configured as “Standardized + Progress Monitoring” in eduCLIMBER.