This article explains how to create a smartFORM instance title. Creating a title creates a Form Name and Download file name. Form titles are helpful in creating uniformity amongst student forms and help indicate versions of forms.
Required Permissions: Create forms templates and Manage all form templates
Where to Start
- Navigate to smartFORMS.
- Select Form Templates tab.
- Select District Templates from the left side menu.
- Double-select the name of a smartFORM to edit the template.
- Use the 3-dots to open the menu.
- Select Edit Form Name and Download File Name.
- By default, School Year, Template, Student State ID, and Student (name) are the selected fields to display in the Form title.
- Use the "X" to remove a field
- Drag and drop the fields to reorder how the fields display
- A preview of the name appears below the selected fields and updates as fields are added, removed, and reordered.
- Use the + to add a field to the title.
- Use the toggle to enable the Form Name to all existing instances.
- The number of instances affected will display once the toggle is turned on.
- Select Save to apply the Form Name and Download file name to all new instances
The form name must be toggled "on" in order to apply to existing form instances. If the form name is created and saved without the toggle being turned on, only new forms will be affected and any existing form names will not be altered. Users can apply the toggle at a later time.
If turning the toggle "off" after a form name has already been applied and saved, forms already affected will not revert to their prior name, and any form created after will not be given the configured title.